Do you have a favorite celebrity and you’re curious to know what they usually eat?
Almost everyone is obsessed with famous people. From constantly scrolling through their social media platforms, watching videos and interviews with them on YouTube, trying their workout routines, building a wardrobe similar to theirs, and even looking online to see what they actually eat, these people slowly become more and more popular each day.
But for real, what do celebrities eat, because they always seem so fit, strong, and athletic? Of course, the majority of them have different chefs that prepare them healthy food each day, but others know how to put together a meal for themselves.
We got extremely curious and we decided to try them out ourselves. Let us tell you that some of their recipes were absolutely delicious! You should definitely try making them at home. Without further ado, here are the best celebrity recipes you need to try! Let’s get cooking!
1. Chrissy Teigen’s Tuna Melt
If you’ve been a fan of former supermodel Chrissy Teigen, you already know that she is passionate about food. When the celebrity was younger, she used to work as a swimsuit model, which influenced her diet choices. She used to think that she had to eat only low-carb foods so that she could maintain her fit and curvy figure.
But when she became a mom, she realized that she doesn’t want to have the body of a swimsuit model, and she prefers to have an active and balanced lifestyle and eat what she wants when she wants. She launched 2 cookbooks, Hungry For More and Cravings, and the recipes written there are pretty good and also indulgent.
We tried a few recipes from this celebrity, and we found that she loves tuna as much as we do, so her tuna melt sandwich was our favorite! It’s creamy, satisfying, savory, and perfect for a breakfast that will keep you full for hours!
- 2 cans of water-packed white tuna, drained (5 ounces);
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion;
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise;
- 2 tbsps sweet pickle relish;
- 4 slices of country white bread (you can use any type of bread you want if you don’t like or can’t find this one);
- 4 tbsps (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature;
- 6 thick or 12 thin cheddar cheese slices;
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard;
- 6 slices of vine-ripened tomato;
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayo, pickle relish, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take your bread slices and spread one tbsp of butter on each piece. Put your tuna mixture on each slide, then add your cheddar cheese and tomato slices. Put the other 2 slices of bread on top, but leave the buttered side up.
- Grab a medium skillet and put it over low heat. Heat and toast your sandwiches until the bread turns golden and crunchy and the cheese is melted. That should take you approximately 5 or 6 minutes per side.
…We love a celebrity who knows how to cook and has good recipes!
2. Meghan Markle’s Zucchini “Bolognese”
…Any vegetarians out there? We have good news for you!
We don’t know about you, but we like everything about Meghan Markle. She is beautiful, classy, always elegant, talented, and a Duchess. Given the fact that she was a popular actress before she became a member of the royal family, she was always required to have a beautiful and toned figure.
And of course, we couldn’t help ourselves but try to find her favorite food recipe. So what do you think we’ve discovered? The celebrity loves pasta as much as we do, and she has a delicious bolognese recipe that doesn’t contain any meat. She even said that you’ll think this pasta actually has a ton of butter or oil in it, but it’s not true. Well, we’ve tested it and she was right; it was incredibly yummy. Now it’s your turn to give it a try!
…However, there’s a downside to it! It takes only 10 minutes to prep, but you need to let the zucchini simmer on the stove for no less than 4 hours! It’s a lot, but the recipe is really worth it!
- 1 pound dry rigatoni pasta;
- 4 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese;
- 5 medium zucchini, chopped (8 cups);
- 1 white onion, diced;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or a teaspoon of bouillon paste;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes;
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced;
- Kosher salt.
- Put a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and add a bit of cooking oil. Add your onion and cook it until it starts to soften. That should take you about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tsp of salt. In a small bowl, whisk together your bouillon cube and 1/2 cup of water, then add it to your pot. Stir in the garlic and zucchini, and add 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Reduce the heat to low, put a cover on the pot, and let the zucchini simmer for roughly 4 hours, so they have enough time to fall apart, and turn into a mushy consistency.
- Grab a large pot, fill it with water, add salt, and bring it to a boil. Add your pasta and cook it for 1 minute less than what it says on the package, so it can be al dente. Save 1 cup of pasta water, then drain your rigatoni.
- Add the parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and pepper flakes to your zucchini, and stir everything until the cheese melts and the ingredients combine.
- Add your pasta and the cup of water you saved in step 3 and stir everything well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also serve it with some extra pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese.
3. The Rock’s “World-Famous” Pancakes
If you’re a fan of Dwayne Johnson, you know that besides being a great actor and a fitness enthusiast, The Rock is also a foodie. The celebrity wants to build lean muscles and be as strong as a rock, which is exactly why he needs to eat meals that are high in protein and complex carbohydrates, such as chicken, salmon, sweet potatoes, and rice.
He also makes sure to consume a ton of greens, because he knows he needs plenty of vitamins to be strong and healthy. But when it comes to cheating days, this actor knows how to play. The star loves to indulge in plenty of cheeseburgers, pizza with a ton of cheese on it, different kinds of sushi, and, of course, pancakes.
His pancake recipe is so good that the actor himself called them “the Rock’s world-famous pancakes”. To be honest, he used pancake mix that he combined with chocolate chips and maple syrup, but if you want to make everything from scratch, here’s what you should do:
- 1/4 cups flour;
- 1 egg, beaten;
- 1 cup milk;
- 2 tbsps sugar;
- 2 tsp baking powder;
- 1/2 tsp salt;
- 1 tbsp cooking oil;
- 2 bananas (optional);
- chocolate chips;
- Aunt Jemima’s maple syrup.
- Grab a large bowl and mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients: oil, milk, and the beaten egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones, add your chocolate chips, and mix them together until you obtain a thick dough.
- Grab a nonstick pan, spray it with cooking spray or add a bit of oil or even butter if you want to be fancy, and pour in 1/4 cup of flour batter. Repeat the same process until you have no dough left.
- Put them on a plate, add banana slices between each layer of the pancakes, and drizzle them with Aunt Jemima’s maple syrup. Aren’t they delicious?
4. Patti LaBelle’s “Over The Rainbow” Mac ‘N’ Cheese
Patricia Louise Holte is a popular American singer, businesswoman, and actress, best known as Patti LaBelle. She is very appreciated for her beautiful voice, and many people refer to her as the Godmother of Souls.
But besides her flourishing career as a singer, many of her fans appreciate the recipes this celebrity cooks. One of their favorites is celebrity’s over-the-rainbow mac ‘n’ cheese, which is considered to be extremely delicious and creamy. We decided to put her recipe to the test and see if it’s actually worth the hype. And before you ask, yes, it does.
- 1 lb macaroni;
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded;
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded;
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded;
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded;
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed;
- 2 cups half-and-half;
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten;
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed;
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt;
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper;
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil;
- 9 tablespoons butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put a bit of butter in a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Over medium heat, fill a big pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add your macaroni and 1 tbsp of oil. Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the package. When your pasta is ready, drain it and allow it to cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Grab a small saucepan and melt 8 tbsps of butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all your shredded cheeses.
- Return to the pot where you have your macaroni and add your half and half, 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, eggs, and cubed cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grab the baking dish you used during step 1, add the pasta mix, and top everything with the rest of your shredded cheese. Put the remaining 1 tbsp of butter on top and put the dish into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until you notice that the cheeses are bubbly and golden brown. Let it cool down for 5 minutes and enjoy! We told you this celebrity recipe is one of the best!
…Would you try any of these celebrity recipes? Which one sounds more appealing to you? Tell us in the comments!
…If you liked reading this article about stars and their delicious recipes, we have a great recommendation for you! Check it out: 5 Delicious Grilled Fish Recipes That Will Leave You Speechless!