…Have you ever tried any TikTok recipes at home?
What do you think of when you hear the word TikTok? If your answer is teenagers dancing in front of their phones on the streets or catchy songs sung by people you’ve never heard of, we’re probably part of the same generation.
So if your grandchildren used to tease you for being outdated and not keeping up with all the social media trends, you are about to prove them wrong. That’s because this app is actually more than that, and if cooking and having a healthy diet and lifestyle are some of your top interests, I’m about to show you some of the best recipes I’ve found on TikTok.
Trust me, everyone will absolutely adore these delicious recipes, including all the teenagers that are crazy about this platform! With that being said, here are 5 viral and tasty TikTok recipes you HAVE to try!
1. Baked Feta Pasta
Who doesn’t love pasta for dinner? Am I right?
If you want to impress your grandkids and all the members of your family, you have to try making this dish next time you get together. It became extremely popular in Finland back in 2019, and a few months later, people all over the world were crazy about it too.
And they’re right, because this one is delicious, easy to prepare and cook, and it will surely become one of your go-to’s!
- 10 ounces of pasta;
- 1 block of feta cheese (8 ounces);
- 1 quartered shallot;
- 2 pounds of cherry or grape tomatoes;
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed;
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes;
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, divided;
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs;
- fresh basil for garnish;
- the zest of 1 lemon (optional).
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and a large ovenproof skillet. Toss to blend after adding salt and red pepper flakes. Make sure to save 1 tablespoon of olive oil for the next step.
- Place the feta cheese in the center of the tomato mixture and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the thyme springs over the tomatoes and bake everything for 40 to 45 minutes, until you notice that the feta cheese is golden on top and the tomatoes are bursting.
- In the meantime, put the pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water and cook it by respecting the instructions written on the package until it’s al dente. Before you drain the pasta, save 1/2 cup of the water.
- Add the cooked pasta, the saved pasta water, and any more lemon zest (if using) to the skillet that contains the tomatoes and feta cheese. To combine, stir everything together. Add basil as a garnish and enjoy.
2. Green Goddess Salad
If you thought that you could only find indulgent recipes on Tiktok, let me tell you something about one of the tastiest and healthiest salads I’ve ever eaten in my life! It’s light, refreshing, and tasty, and you can eat it as it is or as a dip with tortilla chips! Either way, it’s absolutely fantastic!
For the salad:
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions;
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage;
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced.
For the dressing:
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves;
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves;
- 1 shallot, small;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 1/4 cup cashews;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- lemon juice from 2 lemons;
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar (this is one of the key ingredients);
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- nutritional yeast (this is an ingredient that gives the salad a cheesy taste and it’s vegan. But if you don’t have it or simply don’t want to add it, stick to parmesan cheese or nothing at all. The taste will still be delicious).
- To make the dressing, add the basil, spinach, shallot, olive oil, cashews, and salt to a food processor, mix it and wait until they turn into a thick paste.
- Then add the rice vinegar and the lemon juice to the mixture and pulse it 3-4 times, depending on the final consistency you want.
- Mix the diced cucumber, shredded cabbage, and chopped scallions, and then add the dressing. Enjoy!
3. Egg Sandwich
If you were looking for the perfect breakfast recipe, Tiktok’s got you covered with their delicious egg sandwich! It only takes a few minutes to make and it will keep you full for hours! Try it and tell us if you like it!
- 2 beaten eggs;
- 1 tablespoon butter;
- 2 large pieces of bread;
- 1 tablespoon milk;
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked, and cut into pieces;
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded cheese;
- 1 tablespoon minced onion;
- 1 tablespoon carrots, chopped;
- salt and paper to taste.
- Sauté the bacon and the vegetables in a small pan over medium heat until they turn golden, then place them on a plate until you need them.
- Get a small bowl and whisk the eggs, salt, paper, and milk together.
- Put the batter in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Then add the mixture.
- Put the two slices of bread on top of the egg mix, right next to each other. Then flip the breed over, so that both sides are covered in the mixture, and let the eggs set. When you’re done with that, flip the bread onto the other side and let it cook.
- Add the sautéed vegetables and the cheese to the bread and flip it over onto the other side to create your sandwich.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet, put it on a plate, and enjoy.
4. Cheesy Garlic Biscuit Balls
If you love cheese and garlic as much as I do, you’ll definitely adore this recipe! It doesn’t take a culinary expert to know that the combination of biscuits, cheese, and garlic is one of the best. And besides that, these biscuit balls are so fluffy and soft that they’ll quickly become addictive.
- 6 oz. of mozzarella cheese;
- 1 can of chilled biscuits;
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder;
- 4 tablespoons melted butter;
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh parsley, it’s up to you;
- season with salt to taste.
- Preheat your oven to approximately 400 degrees and get a silicone mat liner or line a baking sheet using parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the mozzarella into 8 equal pieces, then wrap 1 biscuit around each piece. Make sure to pinch the seams to seal the ingredients together.
- Put the biscuits wrapped in mozzarella on your baking sheet and bake them until they turn golden brown (roughly 10-12 minutes).
- While you’re waiting for your biscuits to bake, mellow the butter and whisk in the parsley and the garlic powder. If you want your mixture to be more flavorful, add some salt.
- As soon as you take your biscuits out of the oven, brush the buns with the mixture you obtained in the previous step.
5. Dalgona Whipped Coffee
If your morning cup of java is your biggest motivation to wake up and get out of bed, you should try this recipe as soon as possible! It’s creamy, delicious, and refreshing, and it will give you just the right boost of energy that you need each day.
This recipe became very popular at the beginning of 2020, the year that completely changed our lives. This coffee is a Korean-inspired drink with a milk base at the bottom and a frothy and bouncy coffee foam right on top.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (white or raw sugar works best);
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (powdered or granulated);
- 2 tbsp. boiling water;
- Add the instant coffee, sugar, and boiling water into a bowl and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Use a hand mixer or a whisk to whip the coffee. Continue until you obtain a foamy, thick consistency.
- Get a glass and fill it 3/4 of the way up with any milk that you like, and pour your coffee mixture on top. Stir vigorously through the milk and serve!
…What do you think about these 5 recipes that are viral on TikTok? Are you planning on trying any of these? If so, tell us what your thoughts are by leaving a comment in the section down below!
…If you liked these recipes and you want to know more about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle and diet, make sure to check this article out as well: Wow: These 12 Amazing Foods Will Help You Lose Belly Fat!